IACR News item: 09 August 2022
Research & Development Group, Horizen LabsJob Posting
Horizen Labs is a blockchain technology company that designs, develops, and delivers powerful, scalable, and reliable distributed ledger solutions for business.
Our Core Engineering Team is an innovative and collaborative group of researchers and software engineers who are dedicated to the design and development of world-class blockchain-based products. We are working on cutting edge tech, including zkSNARKS, proof systems and zkVMs, to fundamentally change the way of building decentralized and scalable Web3 applications. We are looking for a Lead Zero-Knowledge Cryptographer for our cryptographic team distributed across the globe. Amongst other projects, the team is dedicated to the design of our Layer-2 scaling solution based on STARK-proven virtual machines. You will help our team grow, conduct research and lay out SNARK-based cryptographic protocols, working on related cutting-edge technologies such as zkVMs.Requirements
You should be aware of state of the art proving systems such as Plonk and STARKs, and have a solid background in computational models and blockchain technologies. Additional requirements are represented by:
- Ph.D. in mathematics, computer science, or cryptography;
- Solid foundations in zero-knowledge and cryptographic protocols ;
- Publications in acknowledged venues on applied or theoretical cryptography, preferably cryptographic protocols, and PETs;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- The ability to work in a team setting as well as autonomously
Experience in reading code (e.g. C++, Rust) though not mandatory, it is welcomed.We offer:
- Competitive salary, yearly bonus, and stock options
- Flexible working hours, fully remote if preferred
- The opportunity to work with talented minds on innovative, high-quality open source solutions.
If you want to get more knowledge about our technology, read our Whitepapers at the website: https://www.horizen.io/research/
Closing date for applications:
Contact: Raffaella Lixi firstname.lastname@example.org
More information: https://horizenlabs.io/careers/job/?gh_jid=4536288004
Additional news items may be found on the IACR news page.