Get an update on changes of the IACR web-page here. For questions, contact newsletter (at) iacr.org. You can also get this service via
To receive your credentials via mail again, please click here.
You can also access the full news archive.
The future occupant of the position Mobile Security represents the department in this field in research and teaching. The appointment will be at the rank of an assistant professor.
His/her scientific work should focus on one or more of the following key research areas:
- Security of mobile systems at the hard- or software level
- Security aspects of new application domains (especially cyber-physical systems)
- Reverse engineering of hardware and software systems
- Security aspects of distributed systems
- Secure and dependable software systems
A doctoral degree of outstanding quality and evidence of special aptitude in teaching are just as much required as the willingness to participate in the self-governing bodies of the RUB. Furthermore, we expect the candidate to generally get involved in university processes according to RUB’s mission statement. Beside the specific skills the candidate should have a profound didactical qualification to develop new learning environments such as research oriented teaching.
We expect furthermore readiness to participate in interdisciplinary academic work, willingness and ability to attract external funding, ability to work in teams, and the will to participate in collaborative research.
The Ruhr-Universität Bochum is an equal opportunity employer.
The candidate should have a solid background in vulnerability assessment and thorough knowledge of best practices in countermeasures and design processes for secure systems, for example, encryption, authentication and anomaly detection. A successful candidate would also have a solid background in embedded systems and cyber-physical systems with past experience in applying cyber-physical security concepts to the particular constraints of embedded systems, including scalability of countermeasures. Practical experience in identifying and demonstrating both vulnerabilities and countermeasures is highly desirable for this position.
Candidates should have a proven track record of research (top journals and conferences) in cyber-security or cyber-physical security.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in an international teaming environment, is extremely well-organized and has excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills. Besides technical excellence, an entrepreneurial attitude towards innovation is essential.
The candidate should have a PhD in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering or related fields, with particular expertise in Cyber-Physical Systems and Wireless Sensor Networks. The candidate should also have a strong international publication record and demonstrated ability to do independent research. Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
* The Chair for Security in Distributed Systems, computer science Hochschule Furtwangen, Germany, offers two full-time PhD positions
* The position involves research in the area of IT-security within the BMBF project
ProSeCCo \\\'Promotionsvorhaben zur Erarbeitung von Sicherheitserweiterungen für das
Cloud Computing\\\' in cooperation with the Albert-Ludwig University of Freiburg at the \\\'Institut für Informatik und Gesellschaft (IIG) - Telematik\\\' (Prof. Dr.
Günter Müller) and the university of Karlsruhe (KIT) at the \\\'Institut for Kryptographie und Sicherheit (IKS) (Prof. Dr. Jörn Müller-Quade).
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to research in IT-Security and applied cryptography for Cloud Security.
Besides other cloud security related aspects topics of interest for the two open positions are
- application of homomorphic cryptographic primitives for secure cloud storage,
- monitoring- and attestation mechanisms to control information flow between VMs.
* The position is available from November on and is fully funded. The salary scale for both positions is TV-L E13.
The gross income depends on the candidate\\\'s experience level. At the lowest level it corresponds to approx. 40,000 EUR per year.
* Contracts are initially offered for two years. An extension is possible.
* She or he is given the possiblity to carry out a Ph.D.
* The successful candidate should have a Master\\\'s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Security, or a related field.
Deep Knowledge in cryptography is not a must but an asset.
* The deadline for applications is September 20, 2013. However, late applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Please send your application with reference number 11
Our approach consists of three main ideas: Noise-bounded sequential evaluation of
high fan-in operations; Circuit sequentialization using Barrington\'s Theorem; and finally,
successive dimension-modulus reduction.