IACR Test-of-Time Awards Nomination Process
The IACR Test-of-Time Award is given annually for each one of the three IACR General Conferences (Eurocrypt, Crypto, and Asiacrypt). An award will be given at a conference for a paper which has had a lasting impact on the field and was published 15 years prior. More information about the Test-of-Time award can be found in the policy guidelines document.
The individual conferences CHES, TCC, and PKC each have their own Test-of-Time award for papers published at these conferences. These follow slightly different policies.
Nominations are welcomed by the selection committee, although a paper need not be nominated to win an award. Nominations for the 2022 award (for papers published in 2007) will be accepted until Jan 31, 2022.
For the 2022 award, papers published in the 3 IACR General Conferences of 2007 are eligible.
Nomination ProcessTo nominate a paper send an email to containing the following information.
Conference Paper Appeared at: AsiaCrypt 2007, Crypto 2007 or Eurocrypt 2007
Nomination: At most 300 words explaining why the paper has stood the test of time, what influence it has had on the field, and the impact the paper has had. The impact/influence can be either to the field, another field, theoretical concerns or applications in the real world.
Selection Committee (2022)The selection committee in any year includes two members appointed by the IACR Board of Directors, and three program chairs of the current year's IACR general conferences as ex-officio members.
- Nigel Smart (chair)
- Kazue Sako
- Shweta Agrawal (Asiacrypt 2022 program co-chair)
- Stefan Dziembowski (Eurocrypt 2022 program co-chair)
- Thomas Shrimpton (Crypto 2022 program co-chair)
Previous Committee Members
- Alexandra Boldyreva (Crypto 2019 program co-chair)
- Dan Boneh (2019-2020, chair 2019)
- Anne Canteaut (Eurocrypt 2020 program co-chair)
- Steven Galbraith (Asiacrypt 2019 program co-chair)
- Yuval Ishai (Eurocrypt 2019 program co-chair)
- Ueli Maurer (2020-2021, chair 2021)
- Daniele Micciancio (Crypto 2020 program co-chair)
- Shiho Morai (Asiacrypt 2020 program co-chair)
- Tatsuaki Okamoto (2019-2020, chair 2020)
- Chris Peikert (Crypto 2021 program co-chair)
- Francois-Xavier Standaert (Eurocrypt 2021 program co-chair)
- Mehdi Tibouchi (Asiacrypt 2021 program co-chair)