List of Books for Review
If you are interested in writing a review or have any other question regarding
the IACR book reviewing system,
please contact Edoardo Persichetti (Dakota State University, USA) via books at iacr.org.
New book reviews are posted continuously.
If you are interested in reviewing a book from Cambridge University Press, CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group, PPUR or Springer that is not listed below, it is possible to do so, provided there is no review for it already. Please check the books with a completed review page and then send me an email if this is the case.
So, what should a review look like? Keep in mind that your review should be helpful for the reader.
So summarize its content and then give examples for good and bad parts. Give an overall
conclusion (e.g. this book could be particular helpful for the following group,
is over the top / too easy for...). If your review is longer than the book or
shorter than the text on its back, something
went wrong, thus we recommend to keep it between 2-5 pages. Apart from that, there are no guidelines.
Just start reviewing and assume you would be reading your review. Would you like it?
So the key questions are:
- What is this book about (summary)?
- What is the book like (style)?
- Would you recommend this book (if yes: for whom?)?
- Would your review be helpful for yourself?
The preferred format is PDF. You can look at previous reviews to have an idea of what a review should look like, and you are encouraged to use our
In addition, I need a 3-10 line "teaser"
which more or less summarizes the whole review.
When requesting a book, please include your surface address!
After receiving the book, you have 2 months to complete the review.
If you have any further questions, please contact Edoardo Persichetti via books at iacr.org.
Below you find books available for review
and currently under review
Go to titles from:
Cambridge University Press
Further titles are available via Cambridge University Press' website.
- Alpcan: Network Security - A Decision and Game-Theoretic Approach
- Buttyán: Security and Cooperation in Wireless Networks
- Churchhouse: Codes and Ciphers
- Huth: Secure Communicating Systems - Design, Analysis, and Implementation
- Kempf: Wireless Internet Security - Architecture and Protocols
- Obaidat: Security of e-Systems and Computer Networks
- Sinkov: Elementary Cryptanalysis, 2nd Edition
- Yanofsky: Quantum Computing for Computer Scientists
CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group
Further titles are available via CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group's website.
- Acquisti: Digital Privacy: Theory, Technologies, and Practices
- Blanchet-Sadri: Algorithmic Combinatorics on Partial Words
- Brualdi: A Combinatorial Approach to Matrix Theory and Its Applications
- Chin: Access Control, Security, and Trust: A logical Approach
- Furht: Multimedia Watermarking Techniques and Applications
- Gross: Combinatorial Methods with Computer Applications
- Hardy: Applied Algebra: Codes, Ciphers and Discrete Algorithms, Second Edition
- Heubach: Combinatorics of Compositions and Words
- Hinek: Cryptanalysis of RSA and Its Variants
- Johnson: Handbook of Finite Translation Planes
- Joshi: A new Paradigm to Information Security
- Koolen: Applications of Group Theory to Combinatorics
- Lindner: Design Theory, Second Edition
- Liu: Security and Policy Driven Computing
- Moldovyan: Data-driven Block Ciphers for Fast Telecommunication Systems
- Paulsen: Abstract Algebra. An interactive Approach
- Peeva: Syzygies and Hilbert Functions
- Roberts: Applied Combinatorics, Second Edition
- Smith: Introduction to Abstract Algebra
- Szabo: Factoring Groups into Subsets
- Thuraisingham: Secure Semantic Service-Oriented Systems
- Valiente: Combinatorial Pattern Matching Algorithms in Computational Biology Using Perl and R
- Wallis: Introduction to Combinatorial Designs, Second Edition
- Xiao: Security in Distributed, Grid, Mobile, and Pervasive Computing
Presses Polytechnique et Universitaires Romandes
- Sherif: Paiements Electroniques Securises [French]
- Tashi: Information Security Evaluation
Further titles are available via Springer's website.
- Adjeroh: The Burrows-Wheeler Transform
- Aigner: Das BUCH der Beweise [German]
- Applebaum: Cryptography in Constant Parallel Time
- Bauer: Origins and Foundations of Computing
- Berrou: Codes and Turbo Codes
- Böhme: Advanced Statistical Steganalysis
- Borda: Fundamentals in Information Theory and Coding
- Buchmann: Introduction to Public Key Infrastructures
- Cachin: Introduction to Reliable and Secure Distributed Programming - 2nd Edition
- Camp: Economics of Identity Theft
- Chatterjee: Identity-Based Encryption
- Dietzfelbinger: Primality Testing in Polynomial Time
- Fine: Number Theory
- Gomes: Implicit Curves and Surfaces: Mathematics, Data Structures, and Algorithms
- Gómez Pardo: Introduction to Cryptography with Maple
- Higgins: Number Story
- Joye: Fault Analysis in Cryptography
- Jukna: Boolean Function Complexity
- Keromytis: Voice over IP Security
- Kościelny: Modern Cryptography Primer
- Kuo: Precoding Techniques for Digital Communication Systems
- Markantonakis: Secure Smart Embedded Devices, Platforms and Applications
- Maruoka: Concise Guide to Computation Theory
- Onieva: Secure Multi-Party Non-Repudiation Protocols and Applications
- Robshaw: New Stream Cipher Designs
- Roussos: Networked RFID: Systems, Software and Services
- Salomon: A Concise Introduction to Data Compression
- Sammes: Forensic Computing
- Schellekens: A Modular Calculus for the Average Cost of Data Structuring
- Schneider: Engineering Secure Two-Party Computation Protocols
- Shi: Transactions on Data Hiding and Multimedia Security III
- Stolfo: Insider Attack and Cyber Security
- Verbauwhede: Secure Integrated Circuits and Systems
- Vöcking: Taschenbuch der Algorithmen [German]
- Yan: Quantum Attacks on Public-Key Cryptosystems
- Yeung: Information Theory and Network Coding
- Zeng: Quantum Private Communication
Books under review
Cambridge University Press books under review:
- [!2014-06-01 Eric Diehl] Fridrich: Steganography in Digital Media - Principles, Algorithms, and Applications
- [ 2014-11-26 Michael Daniel Samson] Buchberger: Gröbner Bases and Applications
CRC Press/Taylor & Francis Group Group books under review:
- [ 2014-09-26 Frederic Ezerman] Gould: Mathematics in Games, Sports, and Gambling
- [ 2014-10-7 Amit K. Awasthi]Mollin: Fundamental Number Theory with Applications, Second Edition
- [ 2014-10-14 Bertrand Fan]Elaydi: Discrete Chaos, Second Edition: With Applications in Science and Engineering
- [ 2014-12-03 Joppe Bos]Joux: Algorithmic Cryptanalysis
Springer books under review:
- [ 2013-01-18 Joerg Gerschuetz] Di Pietro: Intrusion Detection Systems
- [ 2014-06-23 Vincenzo Iovino] Katz: Digital Signatures
- [ 2014-12-31 Jiaxin Pan] Li: An Introduction to Kolmogorov Complexity and Its Applications
- [ 2014-06-23 Subhayan RoyMoulick] Goldreich: Modern Cryptography, Probabilistic Proofs and Pseudorandomness
- [!2014-12-31 Sashank Dara] Cremers: Operational Semantics and Verification of Security Protocols
- [ 2014-08-01 Jothi Rangasamy] Chatterjee: Identity-Based Encryption
- [ 2014-12-03 S. V. Nagaraj] Riesel: Prime Numbers and Computer Methods for Factorization
- [ 2014-12-08 Nishant Doshi] Traynor: Security for Telecommunications Networks