PhD Position on Consent Management in Emerging Mobile and Pervasive Computing Systems, Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany.
Applications are invited for a full-time PhD position in the Security in Information Technology (SIT) Research Group at Technische Universität Darmstadt, Germany, under the direction of Prof. Dr. Michael Waidner.
The vacancy is within the newly established research training group \"Privacy and Trust for Mobile Users\", funded by DFG, the German Research Foundation.
We are looking for a candidate interested in working at the intersection of privacy engineering, identity management, applied cryptography, and machine learning, starting October 01, 2015.
More Information: https://www.sit.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/de/security-in-information-technology/open-positions/phd-position-on-consent-management/
Two PostDoc Positions in Software Security, TU Darmstadt
The chair Modeling and Analysis of Information Systems (MAIS) of Prof. Dr.-Ing. Heiko Mantel in the Department of Computer Science at TU Darmstadt, Germany, is offering two PostDoc positions:
- Concurrent Program Security (detailed position announcement at http://www.mais.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/assets/misc/2015-PostDoc-IFS-Concurrent.pdf)
- Information-Flow Security by Design (detailed position announcement at http://www.mais.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de/assets/misc/2015-PostDoc-IFS-SecurityEngineering.pdf)
The detailed announcements contain information about the position descriptions, benefits, qualifications, and the application procedure.
The positions are available from September 1st 2015, but a later start is also possible. We will consider applications until the positions are filled.
Questions about the positions can be sent to recruiting (at) mais.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de. For more information about the chair MAIS, please visit http://www.mais.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de.
Research Scientist / Senior Researcher, NEC Laboratories Europe, Heidelberg, Germany
This position in the Laboratories’ Security Group involves research in the areas of Cloud Security, Device Security, SDN Security and Software Security. Our work ranges from foundational research and IPR creation to prototype development for transfer to NEC products and services.
Applicants are sought with an in-depth understanding in at least two of the following areas:
- Security technologies and protocols, including applied cryptography and privacy enhancing technologies
- Distributed systems and protocols, especially secure management of distributed resources e.g. IoT devices, software, services and data
- Operating system internals and software development including experience with programming languages, such as Java, Scala or C/C++
We are looking for individuals with excellent research skills and a passion to create new technologies. We expect that the applicant holds a master’s or doctorate degree with several years of professional experience in research and development in the security area, and has an excellent publication track record. The applicant should also have a very good background in Computer Science.
PhD Position in Side-Channel Analysis and Secure Implementation, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
I am looking for highly motivated and qualified candidates to fill two PhD positions for research in applied cryptography and side channel analysis. Topics include:
- Side channel analysis and countermeasures
- Cache-based Cross-VM attacks; analysis and countermeasures
- Secure and efficient cryptographic implementations
Candidates should have a degree in electronics, computer science or applied mathematics with strong interest in algorithms and signal processing. Prior experience in side channel analysis and embedded software or hardware design is an asset.
We offer a competitive salary and an international cutting-edge research program in an attractive working environment. WPI is a highly-ranked research university in the Boston area, and offers the opportunity to collaborate with world-class faculty and students in a collegial environment. We maintain close connections with surrounding universities and private companies.