The successful candidate will have the following prerequisites:
- An outstanding university degree in CS, Math, EE/CE
- Oral+written English; German an advantage
- Advanced knowledge of C/C++, ideally with experience in cross-site software development
- Interest in highest-level fundamental research
Prior knowledge in at least one and interest in another of the areas below is expected:
- Cryptanalysis methods, preferably side-channel analysis
- Integrated circuit design
- Algebraic solving methods (Gröbner/border bases)
- Coding theory, error-correcting codes
To be considered, applications must make reference to skills in at least one of the specific areas above and provide details on how they were acquired or demonstrated (e.g., advanced course at uni¬versity; thesis or other research work; industrial experience; work in an open-source project).
When you join us, you will conduct world-class research in collaboration with leading scientists; you will enjoy excellent work conditions in a publication-friendly environment, a competitive salary accompanied by the German public-service benefit package and attractive living conditions in Passau, a city of 50,000, located between Munich, Nuremberg and Vienna. The post is suitable for part-time employment and may be combined with a teaching contract upon request.
The University of Passau wishes to increase the proportion of its female staff and expressly encourages women to apply. Furthermore, this post is suitable for candidates with disabilities, who will be given preference if the personal aptitudes and qualifications are equal.
To apply, please send your full application (including school, training and work certificates) as a single pdf file to email@example.com by no later than 30 May 2015.