Los Angeles, CA, United States
What would you do: Oblong is looking for a Security Software Engineer responsible for keeping our core product, Mezzanine, secure. This is a high-impact role in charge of enhancing our existing PKI, writing new security related code, auditing existing code and architectures for security flaws, and reviewing new features for security and privacy. You will work closely with many parts of the organization and interact with customers occasionally. Clear communications skills are crucial for this role.
• Develop production-quality code
• Architect and develop security requirements for Mezzanine
• Take responsibility for current PKI and code
• Improve and maintain current Mezzanine security policies and communicate them to other parts of the company
• Keep up-to-date with software vulnerabilities and provide and implement recommendations
• Evaluate third-party security updates
• Substantial experience delivering production-quality, security-related code
• Fluency in C and C++ programming and at least one scripting language
• Proven ability to design security policies and specifications
• Excellent written and verbal communications
• Good understanding of cryptography (symmetric and asymmetric ciphers) and secure protocols (TLS, SRTP)
• Experience with at least one crypto library (e.g. OpenSSL, GnuTLS)
• Good knowledge of PKI and certificate standards
Nice to have:
• Experience working with Open Source projects
• DOD 8570 compliant certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA or equivalent
Benefits and perks:
• Competitive compensation package of salary and stock options?
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance ?
• 401K plan
• Gourmet lunches 3 days/week