Hochschule Furtwangen University, Germany, Two Full-time Ph.D. Positions
* The Chair for Security in Distributed Systems, computer science Hochschule Furtwangen, Germany, offers two full-time PhD positions
* The position involves research in the area of IT-security within the BMBF project
ProSeCCo \\\'Promotionsvorhaben zur Erarbeitung von Sicherheitserweiterungen für das
Cloud Computing\\\' in cooperation with the Albert-Ludwig University of Freiburg at the \\\'Institut für Informatik und Gesellschaft (IIG) - Telematik\\\' (Prof. Dr.
Günter Müller) and the university of Karlsruhe (KIT) at the \\\'Institut for Kryptographie und Sicherheit (IKS) (Prof. Dr. Jörn Müller-Quade).
The successful candidate is expected to contribute to research in IT-Security and applied cryptography for Cloud Security.
Besides other cloud security related aspects topics of interest for the two open positions are
- application of homomorphic cryptographic primitives for secure cloud storage,
- monitoring- and attestation mechanisms to control information flow between VMs.
* The position is available from November on and is fully funded. The salary scale for both positions is TV-L E13.
The gross income depends on the candidate\\\'s experience level. At the lowest level it corresponds to approx. 40,000 EUR per year.
* Contracts are initially offered for two years. An extension is possible.
* She or he is given the possiblity to carry out a Ph.D.
* The successful candidate should have a Master\\\'s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Security, or a related field.
Deep Knowledge in cryptography is not a must but an asset.
* The deadline for applications is September 20, 2013. However, late applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Please send your application with reference number 11