We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- A PhD degree in Mathematics or Computer Science;
- Research experience in coding theory or coding theory;
- Outstanding research achievements and promise for the future;
- Excellent track record of international publications in leading journals and high-ranked conferences;
- High potential for the acquisition of external research funds;
- Readiness to supervise PhD projects;
- Teaching experience and good teaching skills;
- Good English speaking and writing skills, and a willingness to learn Dutch (all Master\\\'s and some Bachelor courses are given in English);
- Basic Teaching Qualification (BKO): if the candidate in question is not in possession of a BKO certificate, he or she is required to meet this requirement within a maximum period of three years.
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science of the Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e) has a vacancy for a Tenure Track Assistant Professor position for five years in the Coding and Crypto group (section Discrete Mathematics, DM).
The tenure-track nature of the position will be as follows. The successful candidate will first be appointed for a fixed period of five years. Before the start of the contract, the department and the candidate negotiate a list of conditions for successful conversion. If the candidate meets these conditions at the end of the five years, the position becomes permanent; if not, the temporary position is not continued.