IACR News item: 10 June 2021
Tsinghua University, IIIS, BeijingJob Posting
We are seeking one to two software engineers who can contribute to implementing a software system for privacy-preserving DNA synthesis screening in the Secure DNA project. We are a group of researchers from Tsinghua University, MIT, Aarhus University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and other world-leading academic institutions. Our goal is to develop an automatic and accurate screening system that can effectively block hazardous DNA sequences from being produced, while at the same time providing superior levels of security guarantees, in terms of not disclosing the submitted DNA orders or the potential hazards that are not yet public. To learn more visit our website or read the technical whitepaper.Your Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the software system that realizes secure DNA synthesis.
- Develop the frontend that integrates the system into the production environments of our DNA vendor partners.
- Strong software development experience, especially large-scale systems and/or security-critical software.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software programming, such as C++, Rust, or Go.
- Familiarity with common cryptographic software libraries and implementations.
- Experience in distributed systems.
- Basic theoretical background in cryptography and system security.
- English communication and reading/writing capabilities.
- Passion for modern cryptography-based secure computing.
- Involved in world-leading research projects and teamed up with top scientists around the world, including Turing award winners.
- Competitive salary and other benefits from Tsinghua University.
- Future opportunities in long-term collaboration with other research projects at Tsinghua.
Closing date for applications:
Contact: Mingyu Gao, email@example.com
More information: https://www.securedna.org
Additional news items may be found on the IACR news page.