Post-Doc in Cryptography and Privacy Engineering
Technical University of Darmstadt, Germany
The Cryptography and Privacy Engineering Group (ENCRYPTO) @Department of Computer Science @TU Darmstadt offers a full position for a Postdoctoral Researcher in Cryptography & Privacy Engineering, available immediately and for initially until 31.1.2025.Our mission is to demonstrate that privacy can be efficiently protected in real-world applications via cryptographic protocols.
TU Darmstadt is a top research university for IT security, cryptography and computer science in Europe. The position is based in the City of Science Darmstadt, which is very international, livable and well-connected in the Rhine-Main area around Frankfurt. Knowledge of German is helpful, but not required, and TU Darmstadt offers a Welcome Center and language courses.Job description
As postdoc @ENCRYPTO, you conduct research, build prototype implementations, and publish and present the results at top venues. You are involved in project management, teaching, co-advise PhD students and supervise thesis students & student research assistants. The position is co-funded by the ERC Starting Grant “Privacy-preserving Services on the Internet” (PSOTI), where we build privacy-preserving services on the Internet, which includes designing protocols for privately processing data among untrusted service providers using secure multi-party computation and implementing a scalable framework.Your profile
- Completed PhD degree (or equivalent) at a top university in IT security, computer science, applied mathematics, electrical engineering, or a similar area
- Publications at top venues (CORE rank A*/A) for IT security/applied cryptography (e.g., EUROCRYPT, S&P, CCS, NDSS, USENIX SEC), ideally on cryptographic protocols and secure computation
- Experience in software development, project management and supervising students
- Self-motivated, reliable, creative, can work in a team, and want to do excellent research on challenging scientific problems with practical relevance
- The working language at ENCRYPTO is English, so you must be able to discuss/write/present scientific results in English, whereas German is not required.
Last updated: 2023-03-18 posted on 2023-03-13