Technology Innovation Institute (TII) - Abu Dhabi, UAE
Technology Innovation Institute (TII) is a recently-established publicly-funded research institute in Abu Dhabi (UAE). It is home to a diverse community of leading scientists and engineers from across the globe.Job Description
We are looking for permanent researchers to join the Cryptographic Protocols team within the Cryptography Research Center (CRC) at TII. The main aim of the team is to conduct applied academic research in areas relating to cryptographic protocols, such as: TLS, QUIC, Tor, Key Exchange, Secure Channels, Cryptographic Primitives, Privacy Enhancing Technologies, MLS and Secure Messaging, and Probabilistic Data Structures in Adversarial Environments. The nature of the research spans both theory and practice, covering aspects such as provable security, security models, efficient designs, implementation aspects, and attacks.
Applicants should have completed (or be close to completing) their PhD in a related area, and postdoctoral research experience will be valued. Preference will be given to applicants with publications in top-tier venues such as CRYPTO, EUROCRYPT, ASIACRYPT, ACM CCS, IEEE S&P, and USENIX.Required Skills:
- Fluency in English (verbal and written) and an ability to communicate research effectively.
- Good problem-solving skills and an ability to conduct research independently.
- Good interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Solid knowledge in cryptography.
- Research experience in Key Exchange, Signatures, Onion Routing, Privacy-Enhancing Technologies, and Zero Knowledge.
- Programming, Software Engineering, experience in implementing cryptographic primitives and attacks on real-world cryptosystems, reverse engineering of closed-source protocols.
- Vibrant working environment, flexible working conditions, and travel funding.
- Industry-competitive tax-free salary.
- Family-wide health insurance and children’s education allowance.
- Sunshine all year round.
Last updated: 2022-11-28 posted on 2022-11-28