Input Output Global - remote work opportunity
IO Global is searching for a Cryptographic Engineer to join their Core Technology team. As Cryptographic Engineer you will have the exciting challenge of working on cutting-edge research and technology focusing on the market’s needs. You will be working with the Cardano-related projects, such as Cardano Core Cryptographic Primitives, Hydra, Mithril or Sidechains.
The Cryptography Engineering team is growing with the goal of bringing recent academic papers into production. In this team, you will work closely with researchers and engineers, being the bridge between both teams. As Cryptography Engineer you are responsible for writing high-quality code. To support you, our products have software architects, product managers, project managers, formal methods specialists, and QA test engineers, with whom you must communicate professionally, effectively, and efficiently.
Working with teams across time zones
- Working independently on software development tasks
- Being proactive and requiring minimal supervision or mentoring to complete tasks
- Reviewing specifications produced by architects and formal methods specialists
- Contributing to the design of algorithms
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading software
- Writing documentation for the code
- Writing technical user manuals
- Understanding complex cryptographic concepts from academic papers
- Bridging ideas from academic papers to production ready systems.
- Degree in computer science or mathematics is desirable, but not essential.
- Experience with systems programming (C/C++/Rust)
- Skilled in software development methods such as agile programming and test-driven development
- Experience in developing cryptography protocols would be a bonus, as would blockchain experience.
IOG is a fully distributed organization and therefore this is a remote position. Due to team distribution we are ideally searching for someone in an European timezone.
Last updated: 2022-09-18 posted on 2022-09-16