CryptoLux Group, University of Luxembourg
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for a Ph.D. position in the general area of symmetric cryptography. The successful candidate will join the CryptoLux group of Prof. Alex Biryukov, which is affiliated to both the Department of Computer Science (DCS) and the Interdisciplinary Center for Security, Reliability and Trust (SnT).Research Topics
- Cryptanalysis and design of cryptographic primitives, lightweight ciphers, hash functions
- Financial cryptography (security of distributed ledgers, smart contracts)
- Privacy-enhancing technologies (Tor-like networks, privacy for cryptocurrencies, blockchains)
- White-box cryptography
- M.Sc. degree in computer science or applied mathematics with outstanding grades (GPA >= 85%)
- Strong mathematical and/or algorithmic CS background
- Some background in cryptography or information security
- Good programming skills (C/C++, Python, math tools, etc.)
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English
The University of Luxembourg offers a Ph.D. study program with an initial contract of 36 months, with a further possible 1-year extension if required. The successful candidate will work in one of the most international universities in the world and will have a chance to participate in a well-known security research center. The position will be available from April 2022.
Applications, written in English, should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application material should include a curriculum vitae (with photo, educational background, work experience), a brief research statement and topics of particular interest to the candidate (max. 1 page), a transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken (with overall GPAs) and contact information for 2-3 references.
Application deadline: 15 March 2022. Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival.
Last updated: 2022-03-08 posted on 2022-03-07