Tsinghua University, IIIS, Beijing
We are seeking a principal software architect who can contribute to implementing a software system for privacy-preserving DNA synthesis screening in the Secure DNA project. We are a group of researchers from Tsinghua University, MIT, Aarhus University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, and other world-leading academic institutions. Our goal is to develop an automatic and accurate screening system that can effectively block hazardous DNA sequences from being produced, while at the same time providing superior levels of security guarantees, in terms of not disclosing the submitted DNA orders or the potential hazards that are not yet public. To learn more visit our website or read the technical whitepaper.Your Responsibilities
- Design and propose the system architecture for the software system that realizes the proposed algorithm based on distributed oblivious pseudo-random functions.
- Assemble and lead the engineer team to implement the proposed software system.
- Deploy the system into the production environments of our DNA vendor partners.
- 5+ years of experience working with secure software system development and deployment.
- Strong knowledge and experience in software programming, such as C++, Rust, or Go.
- Familiarity with common cryptographic software libraries and implementations.
- Fluent in English communication and reading/writing.
- Experience in team management.
- Familiarity with modern cryptography-based securing computing algorithms.
- Some familiarity with basic biological knowledge and DNA synthesis.
- Flexible work hours and arrangement; remote and/or part-time are both acceptable.
- Involved in world-leading research projects with Turing award winners.
- A critical role in implementing the important bio-security system that will be deployed world-wide.
- Competitive salary and other benefits from Tsinghua University.
- Future opportunities in long-term collaboration with other research projects at Tsingh
Last updated: 2021-06-10 posted on 2021-06-09