University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
As a research engineer in the Cyber Security chair you will focus in applied and theoretical cryptography, network and information security. You will establish and work in a state-of-the-art IoT (Internet of Things) lab with smart devices ranging from Raspberry Pi's, sensors, smart microphones, toy cars, RFID tags, RFID readers, smart phones, biometric sensors and you will work with world-leading researchers to implement, test, and showcase secure and privacy-preserving protocols and algorithms. Many projects are done in collaboration with other academic and industrial partners. More specifically, the job includes:Contact: Prof. Katerina Mitrokotsa
- Development and implementation of concepts and research results, both individually and in collaboration with researchers and PhD students
- Run of experiments and simulation of realistic conditions to test the performance of developed algorithms and protocols
- Development, maintenance and organization of software
- Support to BSc, MSc and PhD students, postdocs and researchers who use the lab
- Responsibility for the daily routines in the lab, for example purchases, installations, bookings, inventory
- Demonstrations and lab tours for external visitors
- Producing media content for our group web page and social media platforms.
- The successful applicant is expected to hold or to be about to receive a M.Sc. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics or similar fields, preferably with a focus in Security and Privacy for Computer Science Systems.
- We are looking for a strongly motivated and self-driven person who is able to work and learn new things independently.
- Good command of English is required.
- You should have a good academic track record and well developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent programming skills and familiarity with cryptographic libraries.
- Previous experience in implementation projects with C++, Matlab, Python is desired.
Last updated: 2021-06-10 posted on 2021-06-08