Temasek Labs, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Physical Analysis and Cryptographic Engineering (PACE) is research group under Temasek Laboratories, NTU, Singapore. As a group of dynamic researchers, the main focus of PACE is to explore advanced aspects of embedded security.
PACE group is seeking applications for a motivated researcher in the area of embedded and mobile security. The successful candidate will work with experienced researchers to explore new security vulnerabilities in commercial products like smartphones and IoT, with a focus on secure boot.
We are looking for a candidate who meets the following requirements:
- Have already completed, or be close to completing a PhD degree in mathematics, computer science, electrical engineering, or related disciplines, with strong track record in research and development (publications in international journals and conferences). Master degree with relevant research experience can be considered.
- Experienced in security evaluation and have understanding of crypto- graphic algorithms (symmetric and asymmetric). Coding background in C/Java/Assembly/Python/VHDL for analysis is required.
- Has experience in working with embedded/IoT devices or android devices for vulnerability assessment.
- Has previous lab experience in developing prototypes, FPGA design, manipulating oscilloscopes, writing device drivers and communication interfaces, which are used in analysis of implemented designs.
- Knowledge of side-channel or fault attacks is a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Creative, curious, self-motivated and a team player with good analyti- cal and problem-solving skills.
You will be joining a dynamic group performing research on embedded security, specific to physical attacks. This position is available from December 2020. The initial contract will be one year. There are strong possibilities for extensions upon successful performance. TL offers competitive salary package plus other benefits.
Dr. Shivam Bhasin
sbhasin (at) ntu.edu.sg
Last updated: 2020-11-02 posted on 2020-11-01