IACR 2018 electionThe 2018 election is being held to fill three of nine Director positions.
|Director||3 Years||Michel Abdalla|
|Director||3 Years||Anna Lysyanskaya|
|Director||3 Years||Phillip Rogaway|
The election will be conducted electronically from October 15 through November 15 using the Helios cryptographically-verifiable election system. If you are interested, you can read an overview of how the Helios system works .
Nominations were due by September 24, 2018 and are now closed . If you have any questions regarding the nominations, please contact the Election Committee at .
Candidates for election in 2018
The following candidates for three IACR Director positions are listed in a randomly selected order.
After two three-year terms as director, I seek again the opportunity to continue serving the community as an IACR director. If reelected, I'll continue to help improve existing services provided by IACR, offer new services, and promote worldwide dissemination of cryptologic research.
- Longer statement: https://www.di.ens.fr/~mabdalla/IACR.html .
- Candidate homepage: https://www.di.ens.fr/~mabdalla/ .
I have had the privilege of serving on the IACR Board for 17 years - as an officer, a conference chair, and a director. We have grown and addressed many challenges in those years, and we have many new challenges today. I seek the opportunity to continue working for the community.
- Longer statement: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/people/benaloh/#iacr .
- Candidate homepage: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/people/benaloh/ .
My goal: Help facilitate and preserve quality cryptographic research, done anywhere. This includes:
- Preserving transparency, integrity and quality of scientific review processes.
- Facilitating the publication process for scientific work.
- Assisting in the recognition of excellent researchers, in all levels of seniority and environments.
- Promoting gender equality and culture of acceptance.
I would be pleased to give back to the community by serving as an IACR director. I would like to promote diversity among the research areas and members of the cryptographic community and strengthen ties and exchange of ideas with the security and privacy communities.
- Candidate homepage: https://www.cis.upenn.edu/~nadiah/ .
If elected, I wish to increase the impact and outreach of IACR in the Asia-Pacific region. Being in the cryptology community in this region for over a decade (Asiacrypt: GC, Steering Committee, Indocrypt: GC, Asia-CCS blockchain workshops), I can represent their unique perspectives and challenges to BoD.
- Candidate homepage: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/research/people/satya/ .
I felt very honored to be elected six years ago, and I hope to continue to serve the cryptographic community. My priorities are (1) high quality research and its effective dissemination, (2) listening and responding to IACR members’ needs, (3) mentoring, (4) dialogue with related research, industry and other communities.
- Longer statement: https://cs.brown.edu/~alysyans/iacr-election-2018.html .
- Candidate homepage: https://cs.brown.edu/~alysyans/ .
María Naya Plasencia
I am an active IACR member and was the first co-editor-in-chief of the IACR Transactions on Symmetric Cryptology journal, contributing to open access transition. I feel I owe the community some time: promoting diversity (including scientific), interdisciplinary research and maintaining our ideal scientific environment with respect and dialogue.
- Longer statement: http://naya.plasencia.free.fr/Maria/index.php?lg=en&pg=index .
- Candidate homepage: http://naya.plasencia.free.fr/Maria/index.php?lg=en&pg=index .
How to vote
2018 members of the IACR (generally people who attended an IACR conference or workshop in 2017) should have received a customized invitation to vote from email@example.com , with a subject line "Vote: IACR 2018 Election" , sent to their email address of record with the IACR. (Members may update their email addresses and other information by visiting this page .) If you did not receive such an email by Oct 16, 2018 then contact
That email message contains the Election URL: https://vote.heliosvoting.org/helios/e/IACR2018 , the Election Fingerprint Q2gj8sqN6u+Q9dXyFRRaLtuRU6aUb4ogjNwix0GMVjU , and in addition a username and password for voting in the elections. (Please notice that the system will only ask for your username and password at the end of the voting process, after you entered all your choices .)
The IACR uses an approval voting system, which means you can vote for as many candidates as you wish.
- Masayuki Abe (chair)
- Shai Halevi
- Tancrède Lepoint